FIFA World Cup 2014
FIFA World Cup 2014 Brazil
The start of the 2014 FIFA World Cup is only a day away! For those footie crazed fans out there it's unmissable. An event many have anticipated for the past 4 years. Now it's finally upon us.
The first match kicks off tomorrow at 21:00 and it's Croatia vs. Brazil! The World Cup is officially being held in Brazil. Expect celebrations to be exploding on stages tomorrow. Which includes a world cup celebration of colour and music!
The World Cup is being held in 12 cities across Brazil, these stadiums are brilliant and ready to set History! Now the stadiums are very important. Let's take a look at them:
- Estádio do Maracanã in Rio de Janeiro. Opened on June 16, 1950.
- Estádio Nacional in Brasília. Opened on March 10, 1974.
- Arena de São Paulo in São Paulo. Opened on May 10, 2014.
- Estádio Castelão in Fortaleza. Opened on November 11, 1973.
- Estádio Mineirão in Belo Horizonte. Opened on September 5, 1965.
- Estádio Beira-Rio in Porto Alegre. Opened on April 6, 1969.
- Arena Fonte Nova in Salvador. Opened on April 7, 2013.
- Arena Pernambuco in Recife. Opened on May 22, 2013.
- Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba. Completed on April 26, 2014.
- Arena da Amazônia in Manaus. Opened on March 9, 2014.
- Arena das Dunas in Natal. Opened on January 26, 2014.
- Arena da Baixada in Curitiba. Opened on June 24, 1999.
Now lets take a look at the teams that will be participating:-
World Cup Teams 2014
- South Korea
- Ivory Coast
- Costa Rica
- United States
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
So why not pop into one of our stores. Grab yourself some goodies to support the nation with. From flags to makeup and whistles! We also have some fantastic new Subbuteo costumes! Choose between Red or Blue and have some good old fashion rivalry fun! So whether you love Football or just want to support our nation, join in with the patriotic people of England and make History! Our first match takes place on Saturday 14th at 23:00 against Italy!